In our lives, we will eventually reach a point when we can no longer make sound decisions for ourselves or for our family members. In many cases, this involves a dying family member. It could be someone close to your heart is progressing towards the last stages of a terminal illness. When you find yourself in this situation, Hospice Compassionate Care Services LLC will be there to help.
Hospice Compassionate Care Services LLC will provide you and your family with the valuable guidance you need through hospice services that are executed with the utmost sensitivity and understanding.
- Medical Treatment (Palliative Care)
- Medical Equipment
- Expert Nursing Care
- Emotional Counseling
- Spiritual Support
- Social Worker Services
- Financial Counseling
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Volunteer Service and Support
- 24 Hour On-Call Services / 7 days a week
- Pain and Symptom Relief
- Support and Training for the family members to cope with the patient’s illness in the best possible way
- Dietary counseling
- Bereavement Counseling Support
Hospice Compassionate Care Services LLC is the only Pediatric Hospice Care provider in Star and Hidalgo counties. We are committed to serving the needs of children and adolescents that have been diagnosed with terminal illness and whose families have decided to take care of them in their homes or a nursing care facility.
We understand that making this decision is difficult so our team applies the highest sensitivity and discretion in hospice care. We will try our best to facilitate and enable both the families and children in their quest for a meaningful experience that is as free from as much pain as possible while ensuring the highest level of comfort.
Hospice Admission Criteria:
- The patient must agree to receive palliative rather than curative care.
- The life expectancy of the patient is limited and usually measured in terms of months instead of years. Such diagnosis must be verified and agreed upon by the attending physician and Medical Director from Hospice Compassionate Care Services LLC.
Please note that the health evaluation will be concluded on a personal case to case basis.
Indicators To Qualify For Hospice Services
Core End of Life Indicators
- General Physical Decline
- Serum albumin < 2.5 mg/dl
- Noticeable weight loss
- Multiple co-morbidities
- Dependence on others for most activities of daily living
Other general indicators to observe:
- Bedbound, unable to ambulate on own, need for oxygen at rest, incontinence, poor appetite and food intake, frequent hospitalizations, recurrent aspiration pneumonia, constant infections, poor or non-existent verbal communication for Dementia and Alzheimer’s patients, shortness of breath with minimal exertion.
- Most-Common Non-Cancer Diagnoses
- Coma and Stroke
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- Cardiac Disease (Congestive Heart Failure, etc)
- Renal Disease
- Pulmonary Disease (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, etc)
Cancer patients with metastasis and not pursuing any more chemotherapy treatment are by default eligibly for hospice.
These are just helpful tips to assess the need for hospice in a patient and do not constitute an exhaustive list. There are patients that do not entirely fit any of these diagnoses and criteria that can also be eligible and be benefited by Hospice Services.
For a more thorough evaluation, please contact Hospice Compassionate Care Services LLC at 956-581-9450.
Paying for Hospice Care: Financial Arrangements
Hospice Compassionate Care Services LLC accepts most private insurances.
Private financial arrangements will also be taken into consideration.